Creature Yoga 200hr Teacher Training | Yoga Alliance (International) certified.
28 APR - 24 MAY 2019
Bess Prescott (techniques, philosophy)
Tahl Rinsky (techniques, philosophy)
Dana Diament (anatomy)
Dena Kingsberg ( Philosophy Voice )
Rose Baudin ( Philosophy Aryuveda )
Clive Sheridan (Philosophy)
Techniques: we’ll practice and learn to teach foundational to advanced asana, including modifications, variations and use of props. We’ll look into various theories and principles of alignment to help you find ease in your body, recognize discomfort in a student, and be able to guide students towards safe, easeful, and effective asana. We’ll also experience various techniques for pranayama, mantra and meditation – and how to use those techniques intelligently in your practice and your life.
Philosophy: With guidance from our guest teachers, Bess Prescott and Tahl Rinsky, we will dive deep into the history of the Yoga tradition and some of its key texts, including the Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. What it meant to be a yogi in the past, and what it means today: how to translate ancient principles into modern day life.
Ethics: what it means to live a “yogic” life, today, according to ancient ethical frameworks, and how those frameworks apply to teaching yoga.
Voice: Tahl and Bess with the help of Dena kingsberg will guide you in exploring voice opening and projection techniques to build confidence when teaching, reading, chanting and speaking from the heart. We’ll dive into mantra – what is it and how can it be used in class – as well as various deities of the yoga tradition.
Anatomy: with Dana Diament, senior Yoga Medicine teacher and assistant to Tiffany Cruikshank. Understanding anatomy lays the foundation to teaching yoga in a way that is both safe and suitable for various audiences. Our focus is on functional anatomy and its impact on our movement and alignment in the yoga practice. We’ll also look at how to intelligently sequence from an anatomical perspective. The information will be taught in both lecture and asana format giving you the opportunity to embody the information in various ways.
Practice Teaching: you’ll be supported through regular practice teaching sessions (5-7 weekly) to ensure you complete the training competent and confident in delivering full length yoga classes to all levels of students.
Assessment: at the conclusion of the course you will be required to teach a 15 minute class to fellow students, demonstrating your competence and creativity.
OTHER COURSE INCLUSIONS
- A group dinner at our favourite Byron Bay restaurant
- Creature Yoga 200hr TT manual
- A photo shoot with Tahl Rinsky to provide you with 1 x portrait and 1 x asana shot (in electronic format) for your own use
- Unlimited practice at Creature Yoga for the duration of the course
YOU SHOULD DO THIS TRAINING IF:
- you want to become a confident yoga teacher, able to teach vinyasa yoga, including meditation, pranayama and mantra, grounded in ancient tradition you want to deepen your understanding and practice of Yoga in a supportive, intensive and holistic environment;
- you want an excuse to live in beautiful Byron Bay for a month;
- you've already completed a 200 hour training but don't yet have the confidence to teach, or want to delve beyond asana into pranayama, meditation, mantra and philosophy.
- We promise that this course will exceed your wildest dreams. In planning the training, we have brought together our thousands of hours of trainings and teaching and considered: what would our dream 200 hour training look like? And then: we created it. You're welcome.
Early bird pricing: $3500 (must be paid in full by 31 Dec 2018)
Standard pricing: $3900
An AUD$500 deposit is due upon application to the teacher training. The deposit is non-refundable unless your application is not accepted. The amounts listed above INCLUDE your $500 deposit.
To apply please hit the APPLY button below, fill out the application form and pay the deposit. Once the application is received, we will contact you within 48 hours.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
What type of yoga will I learn to teach?
Our trainings are based in hatha vinyasa yoga. You will learn to teach hatha vinyasa, as well as meditation, pranayama and mantra.
What about accommodation and food?
This is a non-residential and non-catered training - students are responsible for their own accommodation and food. The training is intensive and full time, hours will be approximately 8am – 5pm daily, with three days off during the training.
Where will the training be held?
At our beautiful studio in the Byron Bay town.
Sample daily schedule ( Note this is just a refrence and might change )
8:00-9:00am: pranayama and meditation
2.00-4pm: lecture / prac teaching
4.00-5.00: afternoon practice